What is an Academy?
As a school academy, it is important to always strive for the best. To become a successful institution, taking the school’s educational system seriously to ensure that all students are receiving the education that they need. That is just one part of the picture. It is crucial to ensure buildings and grounds are always well kept and beautiful. The belief that children are our future should be reflected in the appearance of the academy, inside and out. Especially considering that the students are at school 5 days a week for multiple hours. Delivering the proper and best education is crucial in this day and age. Have the best teachers and support staff to guide the students in education and as well as any personal support needs. Many schools overlook many things such as properly vetting any staff that they hire. It should be guaranteed that the teachers are highly qualified with many years of experience.
Many parents are strongly considering sending their children to a highly sought-after academy for the children’s future. Children can receive a great education at private institutes as opposed to public schools because there is a lot more funding and support. Schools should have a mission statement and vision that they surround their educational programs around. The school curriculum should be thoroughly planned out by a full board team. Education is not the only important part of school; extracurricular activities play a huge role in children’s lives. There should be many options available for students from sports, to music, to theater, to arts. All of these factors tie in together to help the students grow up well rounded.
Making sure that the appearance of the building and the grounds are in their best shape is vital. First impressions are important, as they say, that the first impression of anything is made in the first 5 seconds. When someone passes by an institute the goal is to impressively stand out so that they will want to know more about our high-level academy. Property that has a beautiful appearance from the outside will reflect the academy from the inside. If a school does not take care of their outside appearance, they most likely do not put any effort into their school system. Have a maintenance team upkeeps the building to be in tip-top condition 5 days a week. Whenever there are things that need to be repaired or something becomes faulty, we fix it immediately. Also, have a grounds team that works with a local landscaping company to ensure the institute’s grounds look attractive and well kept. To properly enclose the school for safety, you can hire a fence company to install a new fence all around the area like this company (you can check out their website here: abilenefenceco.com). Taking the safety of the students is very serious to ensure that trespassers are not able to come onto the grounds without permission. It covers the entire grounds and surrounds the buildings and fields. The lawns and gardens are properly taken care of every day. Having a janitorial team that is exceptional and keeps the inside of our building flawless and spotless is important as well. Another reason to make sure all these factors are being taken care of is for the safety of the children. Following safety protocol, there are fewer risk factors when everything is kept in good order. Avoid any possible injuries as much as possible.
Schools are different from academies. Academies are regulated in a different way. Thus you can expect a higher level of education and overall different experience. There is a different type of structure and system set in place which can be trusted more than the average public school system. You can watch this video to learn more:
Pros & Cons
Because academies are not run by the local authority and instead run directly by the government because they are state-funded and independent, there is a lot more flexibility. They are able to control the structure of the school of various factors such as how long the school is open to the school curriculum and the budget.
- They have flexibility over the school curriculum. They have more freedom on what they are able to teach. This means the teachers can plan their lessons according to their own teaching methods and the students’ needs. Regular schools have to go along with the national curriculum and are not able to deviate.
- They don’t have strict rules around their budget. There is more leniency compared to regular public schools. This allows the school staff members to provide more to their students rather than cutting corners if it didn’t fit in their budget. The most beneficial factor of this is that they are able to use these funds for support such as special needs support because the local authority is not able to hold this back as they normally would.
Naturally, everything has its pros and cons. Here are the cons.
- It is believed by some that processes may be run differently which can lead to the lack of accountability. If there is an issue, local authorities have the ability to look into the situation and investigate. But in academies, they do not have the jurisdiction to do so, thus it will fall on the school as their own responsibility.
- Some academies are funded by private corporations, which some are not in favor of.
- They are allowed to be selective in regards to the students who can join the school. This will differ depending on the school and their selection process.